Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Week 8 -- Keepin' It Steady


Start Weight: 226.0
Week 8 Weight: 210.3
Weekly Loss/Gain (+): 1.4
Program-to-Date (PTD) Loss: 15.7
% Weekly Loss/(Gain): .66
% PTD Loss: 6.95
Program Goal Weight Loss: 36.0
Program Goal % Loss: 15.9

I feel some weird ramblings coming on tonight, so whatever is, is. Somewhat spaced out... I think it's due to our friend Sara who has been keeping us up nights. After she goes down for the night (fusses for about 10 minutes), at exactly 90 minutes past that, she'll wake up crying for between 17-22 minutes. We all fade off then she'll wake up at exactly 4:00 AM every morning, the same 17-22 minutes of wailing.... we all nod off, then I'm up at 5:45 to start the day. She then wakes up at 8:00 to start the day, all happyified. Gail and I cracked open our 1994 Positive Parenting book last night around 1:00 AM and read... "virtually all babies experience problems of fussiness during naptime and bedtime".. uh huh... put them down and then let them go... yep we do that... they'll outgrow it, yada, yada.... just make sure "during the waking hours, there must be frequent and pleasant interactions between the parent/caregiver and the child"... we've got that covered. In the meantime, baggy eyes.

But, 1.4 lbs came off this week, steady as she goes.... in the larger picture, I'm getting there. I'll do away with the gym pictures for a while, I'm getting tired of them. I posed in front of the weight sets today, even though I didn't pick up weights this week. Have to get some better pictures going. Actually, a lot happened this week.... two free lunches at the ISO, Shelley had her baby, Michael's doing great with his drum lessons, an "Aha" moment at AM/PM, unfortunate/possibly fortunate bike news, and my too-slow-of-weight loss placed squarely on President Bush....so let's ramble for a while and let it hang out.

RESULTS: Almost 16 lbs in 8 weeks, that's 2 lbs/week, but I'm just not feeling it. I had way too much chocolate this week and spent too much time at the gym. That balance just isn't sustainable... so something's gotta give. I cut down on the AM/PM runs however... I was in there this week sometime, saw a guy... he was dressed well, probably late 30's, he looked in shape... an image of what I think I look like. I'm at the condiment counter, piling stuff on my two cheeseburgers... he's five feet away from me with a Monster energy drink in one hand and going through the assorted donut stack with the other. He chooses a bonus pack of donettes and a Hostess cherry pie... I think what kind of junk he's gonna shovel down, kind of a weird smirk on my face. He looks up, our eyes meet for maybe 10 seconds... an eternity... He sees me looking at him.. I kind of look at his "lunch", raise an eyebrow, and shrug. No reaction from him, he just looks me over for a split second, then looks at my double-fisted cheeseburgers, and at my 32 oz Diet Pepsi..... gives me "who-you-callin'-a-junkie" look, shrugs himself, buys a few lottery tickets and then he's out the door. I stood convicted.... didn't stop me from eating the burgers though... sooooooooooo...... I gotta bring some sense to this... lifestyle change, that sort of thing, and I know that ain't easy.

Then, you've got the Department of Energy.... someone back East comes out with a memo saying federal dollars can't be used for buying paper and plastic utensils for employee lunchrooms.... not a proper use of appropriated funds, etc.... I have a fridge full of yogurts for breakfast... go to the lunchroom for a spoon..... nope all cleaned out. No spoon, no yogurt... I've done this Groundhog Day thing about 10 days in a row now...so, it's just one small step from no yogurt to the PopTarts in the vending machine. The Memo Guy works for President Bush somehow.... I oughta write a letter.... what's next, no TP? Man.... enough of all that.... again, just not feeling it this week.

ON THE BIKE: Steve at work, his bike, (the one I fell in love with for the15 min I rode it) is not quite the right size for him.... he's trying to modify it to get it right... if that doesn't happen, he said he might have to take a different approach... that bike might be on the market... that's where I step in..maybe we could both win at this..... not opportunistic or anything, but.... the weather is colder and darker, but that would make it even better to ride.... even JaBen's antics can't get me riled this week.... see if I can get out of the funk for next week....

ODDS N' ENDS: This will brighten the mood some.... BV won a thriller against Yuba City, now 2-1.... I hear Folsom lost to unranked Ponderosa.... now the Bulldogs are 2-1.... Arthur, I will call you to get the story. Shelley, Gail's sister, had her baby... Jill Renee... Gail helped with the birth... you'll have to contact her directly for the details...



A huge thanks to the Atens, Ryan and Arianna, for teaching the drums to Michael.... they have an agreement worked out with him, and everyone's happy? How 'bout the neighbors off Kenneth Avenue???


See if I can post this video... don't know how it'll sound, but it sounded real good in person...great folks those Atens.... and Michael too.



Sara is all over the place... (again quite the happy child during daylight hours).. here's another short clip of her...



.... happened to have my camera with me..... what exactly is a "Poultry and small animal exchange"? I can trade my hamster for a chicken?.... JaBen for a duck??? the things you see....

...finally.... if you're one of my kids' cousins, and you're visiting our place, and happen to get a little out of hand...here's your fate.... no threats, just facts.... but we're happy to have you anytime.....

.... we're done with the Corn Mothers updates, until at least Russell does an essay on the book... Steven had his camera stolen his second week in Mexico... asking us to put $300 in his account to get a new one...um.. isn't he in Mexico??? maybe he meant 300 pesos... can't you buy a whole recording studio for $300?? anyway, he seems to be doing well...

FAQs:
Q. What is the real cause of your foul mood?

A. Grant Napear is a spokesman for the Diamond and Gold Exchange... there are a bazillion people to choose from, but no....

Should be better next week.... 'til then

Brian



6 comments:

Kaci said...

FYI-This "Poultry Exchange" has puzzled me for a while as well. I think it is an Orangevale Hick way of having an underground animal fighting contest. Oak Ave. is notorious for random animals wandering around, probably from long nights in the ring. Trust me on the livestock issue-I went to Casa Roble.
Good job on losing weight again...Glad I could enjoy the blog this week without having to defend myself:)

Scott said...

Grant Napear -
If you don't like that, you don't like NBA basketball! Here's to a better Kings season. Any word on a new arena going to Cal Expo? I don't like driving there at 2:00 PM on a Wednesday, how would I drive during a game? Let Stacie know that we received an email from her indirectly. Maran still gets messages from SAYSA, even though she no longer lives in Sactown, she is no longer single, and has unsubscribed several times. Good luck with AM/PM, and we will go to Round Table next time I am in town.
Scott

Stacie said...

What, no mention of the JaBen attack on our home? I would think that would have made blog headlines this week…

Stacie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randy S. said...

Brian,
Try this:
http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/av.htm

Brian Sprague said...

... well I have a few more JaBen angles now... yes, they did come at us in our own home no less...we've got pictures on that... but now I see they could be involved in cockfighting, I'll see what I can dig up.... Scott, you're on for Round Table, I passed up a buffet at Mountain Mike's today. See ya....