Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Week 6 -- Stalled Out... Temporarily....



Start Weight: 226.0
Week 6 Weight: 213.9
Weekly Loss/Gain (+): (0.3)
Program-to-Date (PTD) Loss: 12.1
% Weekly Loss/(Gain): (.14)
% PTD Loss: 5.35
Program Goal Weight Loss: 36.0
Program Goal % Loss: 15.9


Well... I guess it was bound to happen, I put on .3 of a pound this week. I thought I was doing pretty good after the glow of the Provo experience, but a week of no real exercising and a free lunch (is there such a thing?) at the California ISO yesterday put me on the wrong side of the scale. But hear this, my equilibrium (intestinally) has returned, and I guarantee (just like Michigan is guaranteeing a victory over Notre Dame this weekend) at least a two-pound loss this week. That will be sub 212 at week 7. You can go ahead and place your bets on that... this week saw BV get a whuppin' at the hands of Folsom, a couple of bottles of Pepto-Bismol, a textbook recalled at BYU, a new Eagle Scout in the family, Sara's first jog, and an inquisition of my dear, sweet Wendy that reeks of the JaBen stink. So, other than I gained a few ounces, it was a great week.

RESULTS: Early in the week I was still hung over from the Provo eating, nothing looked good, except for yep.... the $1.29 two cheeseburger deal at AM/PM. I had that two days in a row, after that, I didn't eat anything for a few days. By Sunday, while my compadres were throwing down cupcakes and Twinkies, I was on my second Pepto-Bismol bottle. But by Sunday night, after the 5-100 calorie packs I had on my 3-minute ride home from church, my appetite came back.















Even without exercising during the week, I thought I'd drop something because I'd gone about three days out of the seven without eating anything at all. But, reality hit when I got on the scale this morning. Then, the free lunch of chicken, pork, mashed potatoes, salads, rolls, and desserts I had at a meeting at the California ISO yesterday couldn't have helped much. Michael tells me there's no such thing as a free lunch.. so the ISO paid the caterer, the ISO then charged the wholesale market participants (SMUD) who then charged the retail customers (you). To all the FOBS, thanks for the lunch. Then again, you benefited greatly by my being at the meeting, so we're even. Glad that worked out.

I'm now happily back to the tuna medley... today was a tuna surprise, because, I suppose, a disgruntled AM/PM employee mixed some jalapenos in with the pickle relish at the condiment counter and I had a fiery first few bites... so... sub-212 by next week and you'll see some pictures from the gym. There...having said it, now let it be done.

ON THE BIKE: Nothing new. Stuck between new and used. The weather though is perfect for riding. Weird thing is Gail is encouraging me strongly to go get a bike. I can't figure that one out... makes me a little nervous.. something strange may be afoot here at the local Circle K... hate to have to watch out for that. There's a baby shower at the house on Saturday, so I'll get out and do some looking and/or shopping.

ODDS N' ENDS: There's quite a bit here, so let's get to it. Folsom HS put a whuppin' on, or as Wendy said, "completely destroyed" the BV Broncos 45-12, and it wasn't even that close. Arthur and Ro's boy Matt had a great game.. here's his line... 1 rushing TD, 3 carries for 21 yds, 2 receptions for 24 yds, and on the defensive side, 4 tackles and one flying leap for an interception.. Arthur says he's had to pay out already on Matt's incentive-laden contract. The best to the Bulldogs... and a prayer for the Broncos. Chase McKee had great game for the Freshmen Broncos... I met a couple of Russell's former teammates there... here's Hui Li and a friend... a real good guy.


... Sara's first recorded steps... I counted about 20 here... she's now on her way to go everywhere and leave a path of piles and piles in her wake.. sure is fun though..



... I complained (not out loud really) about one of Russell's history books.. something about Corn Mothers and Jesus in New Mexico... Russell got this e-mail from his teacher..

Subject: Stop Reading!
>Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 00:17:25 -0600
>
>Students,
>Due to overlooked graphic material in When Jesus Came,
the Corn Mothers Went Away we will not be reading this
book for the class. Due to the publisher not being able
to provide the desired book for this class, I made a last
minute change to a book that I thought I had read as a
student at BYU. Obviously this was not the case, and I
forgot about the content in the book. I sincerely,
sincerely apologize to those who read this material.
>
>Dr. Roger Blomquist
There you have it.... a small victory in this big, big world.... Brad Loomis, Gail's sister's (Lynne) son had his Eagle Court of Honor... was very nice.. some random pics...



Lastly, and I'm not sure how to handle this...have to give it some more thought... I'd rather deal with the Alliance directly, but...... Wendy went to a YM activity last week... lot of talk about what might or might not be on this blog... JaBen and his (its) henchwomen are mining for trouble... I just don't get it... Wendy was whisked away to a back room and interrogated for some time... bright lights, good cop, bad cop, the whole bit...


I'm proud of Wendy.....she didn't crack, but the pressure was tough.

MEMO to JaBen: Think of what you've become! To what levels you've stooped! Shake yourself and come back home. We can grant you conditional amnesty... let's talk...


FAQs:
Q. Um... don't you think this post was way too long? Getting away from the fact you gained weight despite not eating anything for three straight days?

A. Yes... and touche to you.

'Til next week..... Brian

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Hmmmm...Here I was on a Wednesday night, home from serving in the Church as a Young Women leader, only to remember that there was a promised mention of our last week's activity on your blog. I thought how nice it would be for one of the YW's parents to mention us...Maybe how we spend our time attending the temple as a presidency, praying each night for the girls, etc... And how grateful you are as a parent that someone else is there to look out for one of your most precious gifts. What I find is a reference to Jennifer and I as "henchwomen!?" I guess we don't get a cool nickname, just classified as servants to some evil master. I have to say that I was saddened. Especially after I gave you some of my own stash of 100 calorie packs. You do understand that those were purchased with student loan money that is accruing intrest as we speak. This post alone has racked up at least $5 by now. I am equally upset that I lifted my computer ban (I am being stalked in emails by crazy PTA board members) just to access the internet. I have tried to think of something more I could say, maybe to help you. But I feel that at this point you might be beyond...