Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Week 9 -- Treading Water





Start Weight: 226.0
Week 9 Weight: 210.5
Weekly Loss/Gain (+): (0.2)
Program-to-Date (PTD) Loss: 15.5
% Weekly Loss/(Gain): (.01)
% PTD Loss: 6.86
Program Goal Weight Loss: 36.0
Program Goal % Loss: 15.9


So... yes.. I put on .2 lbs this week. It felt like I took a week off because I didn't weigh at all during the week, and I had quite a lot to eat. The workouts at the gym are keeping me even. I did do a little bit of weights this week too, guess I can't blame the small gain this week on "bulking up", I can use that excuse when it's somewhat more evident... and that could be a while. Here we are at nine weeks in, with a 15.5 lb loss, a smidgin' ahead of the 1.6 lb/week pace I need to keep up to 190 by 1/2/2008. What you all will be excited about is, my mood has brightened because Sara is beginning to settle into a nighttime routine. It all started last Thursday night, must've been from the karma you all floated our way. It came in the nick of time because I thought I was going nuts. Last Thursday on the way to work down Greenback Lane, I come upon a small SUV next to me. We were going neck and neck at about 50 MPH... I look over and see that no one is driving the car. I keep looking, thinking the driver would pop up at any time. I keep looking and swerving, getting more and more anxious... still no one or no thing at the wheel, this must have gone on for at least two miles. Finally, I scramble for my cell phone and in between the two "1s" when dialing 9-1-1, I see that this car is being towed by a Winnebago... funny what about eight weeks of 2-hrs-on-2-hrs-off sleep can do to you.

But we've had about a week's worth of good sleep, the world looks much better.. even though Gail said my last week's post was very good... like the Mozart effect, do good stuff when spacing out. Anyway, a pretty good week, but it feels like I have to crawl all the way on the be-careful-what-I-eat wagon again. That I will do. 208 by next week... mark it down. Not much to comment on, the kids and I did some cool stuff while Mom was out.... I had some cops on my tail, conference this weekend, and we've got a new AM/PM special of the month.

ROUTINE: 45-60 minutes at the gym 5 days during the week. Still keeping with the treadmill and the elliptical, plus adding in some weights. I've been eating though like no other, the sweet tooth is in full force, something to do with the change in the weather maybe? Then, I get that encouraging link from my brother about the BMI calculator... shows my BMI is 29.3 and that I'm in the 67th percentile, meaning my BMI is worse than 2/3 of folks in my category... nice factoid to fall asleep with... but it is what it is... at 190 and 5'11" puts me at the 46th percentile. I did the tuna delight 2 times... and oh wait, I almost did McDonald's once, but the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) saved me. I've got to tell it, might be a little long, but....

I read the paper at lunchtime for 30-45 minutes, then go off to do my lunch thing. I had a craving for McDonald's french fries... yes I've seen Super Size Me... I know they can stay in my gut for three years without decomposing, but I didn't care at the time, and was going to do it. In the WSJ, I see an article on how more politicians are tapping the web for smaller donations from millions of people to raise a whole lot of money... I now quote from the article:

"But non-traditional campaigning is providing a boost. On an August afternoon, one of Mr. Biss's friends, writer John Green, stood at the kitchen counter of his Indianapolis home and grimaced at the blender. Inside, a small portion of McDonald's french fries, a plain hamburger, and a cup of orange soda whizzed into a goopy orange slop. "It's like all the best parts of the food and all the best parts of the liquid," he half-joked to his wife, who stood nearby, her camcorder slightly shaking as she giggled. He sniffed inside. "It just doesn't smell like something you should be eating". But he ate the chunky gunk anyway, spoon by spoon, washing it down with the rest of the orange drink. "It was the least happy Happy Meal in history", he later said. He had vowed to eat a liquified Happy Meal -- and wax off the hair on one leg--if at least 200 people donated on-line to his politician friend Mr. Biss. They did donate, more than $3,200..."

So at the risk of alienating my millions of readers, and of being branded a shock-jock.. while Gail was out, the kids and I re-created the scene. My cravings are now gone forever... maybe I can sell the therapy.



No more Mickey D's for me.... forever.....

ON THE BIKE: The weather has been perfect, just haven't acted. JaBen is even making some conciliatory moves... the planets could be coming together... check their site for their latest.... but I have to check out some allegations I heard of them going Michael Vick and getting caught up in a cockfighting scheme. That's what the small poultry exchange was about last week, pictures are close to surfacing.

ODDS N' ENDS: I was pulling into my small street where my office is and I notice 11 motorcycle cops behind me in the mirror... they follow me around a number of curves.... they had cleared out an entire parking lot next to us for some kind of motorcycle cop convention... type of extreme cop games.. I watched for a while... was pretty cool.


Conference this weekend, first for me without Russell and Steven at priesthood. Michael, Gramps, and I will be there though.... and on a sad note, there will be no baseball playoff game I'm interested in enough to check on at priesthood session halftime... Giants had a horrible horrible year... the new AM/PM special came out today.... two hot dogs for $1.29 plus a 44 oz drink for $.99 more... right now I feel like blenderizing those, but one day this week I'm going to go in and schmooze with my AM/PM buds and walk out with the special.... about all for this week.... a few random pics.... 208 next Wednesday....



FAQs:
Q. Tell me this isn't true!!! You're selling Gail's wedding ring on E-Bay? If true, what are you thinking? What's going on?

A. First of all, I'm glad you're concerned... and yes, it's true... just go check for yourself... my EBay name is 1officerocker, go to the Advanced Search and search on Items by Seller..it'll be up there tomorrow night sometime. I'll post the link next week... just don't throw the tomatoes until you read the story.

'Til next week

Brian

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Every day this week I’ve thought of the blenderized Happy Meal Delight as I drive past McDonald’s to and from work. And yesterday it struck me that adding one or two .39 cent cones just might make it bearable if you really had to gag that thing down.