Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Week 7 -- Back on Track



Start Weight: 226.0
Week 7 Weight: 211.7
Weekly Loss/Gain (+): 2.2
Program-to-Date (PTD) Loss: 14.3
% Weekly Loss/(Gain): 1.0
% PTD Loss: 6.33
Program Goal Weight Loss: 36.0
Program Goal % Loss: 15.9

***WARNING*** DUE TO THE GRAPHIC NATURE OF THE LAST PICTURE IN THIS BLOG, IT IS ADVISED TO KEEP ALL CHILDREN AT A SAFE DISTANCE. ANY PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE RESULTING IN THE VIEWING, IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE VIEWER.

Having said that however, the picture must be shown. All in all, a good week. Michigan fulfilled its prediction of whuppin' Notre Dame, and I fulfilled mine of at least a 2 lb loss. 2.2 came off, it wasn't easy as my appetite is now back in full force. Only one In-N-Out run, one Jamba Juice, and then the whole Friday night eating at the church bar-b-que. What saved me was the time put in at the gym, six day's worth at 45 min a pop. I haven't started with the weights yet, afraid I might bulk up too much... might become unrecognizable to friends and family. Not willing to take that risk yet. This week though, at some point, I commit to starting with some kind of weights. So, the weather is a little colder, mornings are a little darker, and it takes a little more umph to get started at 0545. This week was mostly uneventful... had a good time at the bar-b-que, Gail's sister is having a baby any time now, the "rest of the story" on the banned BYU book, and my JaBen friends have had several screws knocked loose.

RESULTS: I was hungry all week long, but I only did the two-cheeseburger deal once. I had the tuna delight about three times, and had Subway sandwiches a few times. I did break down with a few diet sodas... mostly water with some Gatorade thrown in. The crispy Maui-onion potato chips were good too.... and I still have a stash of chocolates in my drawer at work, not going completely without yet. Gail has been making some really good food here, and that sure helps. I was thumbing through some diet books at the store... didn't feel compelled to buy any. The self-loathing books were the best... from one dust cover, "If you put crap in your body, then you are crap..." not my idea of motivation. I do get some mentions of looking thinner... a co-worker and I happened to be finishing up business in the men's room, he exercises regularly, been trying to drop a few pounds himself... he asks me how I'm doing... says I look thinner in the face... I mention I've dropped about 15 lbs, he says yeah, it must be all from my face... I hand him one of of my blog cards over the top (not the bottom) of the stall divider and we go our separate ways.... is my face that much thinner? Here's week 1 vs week 7.... Need to have it come off my waist.... the gym saved me this week.
















ON THE BIKE:
Now that the weather is colder, I'm tempted to once again save up a little more for the bike I really want. I've had a few more offers for a loaner bike. I do miss the riding and the social connections... I had to watch from a distance, but well within earshot, as JaBen had a group of men enthralled with his bike stories. He (it) came off as an expert, easily fielding questions from the crowd. I was impressed, thinking all the while, that could be me... I taught him (it) all I know... instead I'm on the outside looking in. But as the days get shorter, I'm seeing riding as a weekend thing if I don't get the commuter bike I want.... still I long for the call of the trail...

ODDS N' ENDS: Folsom HS smashed #8 (?) ranked Oak Ridge, I think it was 38-14, I'll have to call Arthur and see how that went. Folsom must've moved up the rankings... offense looks great. Shelly's baby shower over here on Saturday, over 40 Morford and Johnson women and friends... Michael and I made ourselves scarce.

















The annual church bar-b-que was great as always... lots and lots of good food and company...




















Last of the BYU book story... the Corn Mothers in New Mexico, Sexuality and Power 1500-1846 book was banned by the History Dept... Russell tells me this was because a freshman kid (referred to as "Bubble Boy" (BB), because he grew up in the "bubble" of central Utah) before the first day of class went directly to the History Chair and demanded the book be recalled. BB then dropped the class before the first session. BB was offended because the Pueblo Indians named some of the natural landscape after female body parts... the prof apologized to the class, but found there were several copies of the book in the school library. Prof said the students now had to choose a book to do an essay on... and off-handedly mentioned that since the class already bought the Corn Mothers book... might be good to "choose" that book as a tribute to BB... all had a good laugh... Russell thinks it's a gimme "A"....

Well..... JaBen is officially certified.... as evidenced by the latest rants and raves on their website, hope is just about lost. I found this article just this week in the WSJ about their kookiness.... imaginary friends, imaginary therapists, etc... and.... I finally got a picture of JaBen to develop... I've tried before, but the picture always fades to nothing, no substance at all... but I accidentally had the camera on a super-high molecular frequency, and I happened upon this... this is JaBen in all its glory and wonder... it stretches the bounds of credulity.... but here it is..

Draw your own conclusions... I.. I... I'm speechless...

On that note, I've got to go.... looking for around the 210 mark next week... I'm answering no FAQs this week... I really have to get off this page now....that picture....

'Til next week.... Brian

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess you guys dont have the decency to take a picture with the real stapleys. oh well i guess a cardboard fixture of them will do just fine...

Unknown said...

I just got back from the hospital, witnessing/helping my first birth. (my own 6 don't count) Shelly gave birth at 9:11 this morning, Sept. 20th. Shelly was awesome! The baby is doing great, and Sara is looking forward to meeting her new cousin.

Brian Sprague said...

Hey Russ... yep the real Stapleys were there.. but we had fun with the cutout... a leftover from when they were on their mission and we took pictures of folks with them and sent the Stapleys the results... I kept running into that cutout all night... had to edit your BB story, quite funny... let us know how the essay goes.