Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Week 16 -- Time for a Holiday



Start Weight: 226.0
Week 16 Weight: 210.0
Weekly Loss/Gain (+): (0.3)
Program-to-Date (PTD) Loss: 16.0
% Weekly Loss/(Gain): (.13)
% PTD Loss: 7.08
Program Goal Weight Loss: 36.0
Program Goal % Loss: 15.9

This really will be short, it is time for a holiday.... I have tomorrow and Friday off, that will be a nice break. The grooves of the rut grew a little deeper this week as the scales recorded 210 even. The exercise effort is still there, but I need a mind warp, mind meld, altered mind or something with the eating. I blame Russell for some of it... he was supposed to come in last night from Utah, but as Gail, her sister and brother-in-law, and the rest of us were sitting around chatting last Friday night at around 10:00, in pops Russell as a surprise to all of us. He and his riding partners decided to head home early. It was great to see him, he likes school a lot...he's dropped about 15 lbs...says he's low on funds, not eating much, studying hard, etc.... Gail then (and I'll use our Texan phrase "bless her heart") proceeds to bring on all the Thanksgiving gourmet out about a week early...man, just good stuff. Russell, of course, just plays along and eats it up. It is all good... we'll have Dad over and Tim's family too tomorrow and then be with the Morford crowd on Friday. I'm well aware this is week 16 of the 22 week plan... time to look at contingencies....

ROUTINE: Nothing new here, although after a few early holiday luncheons out, I realized the season is here. I just read the average American gains seven pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years... I'm determined that's not gonna be me. The gym has saved my bacon so far, I'll be at it in the morning, and it doesn't feel like a chore... just gotta get the brain in a new way of thinking.

ON THE BIKE: I'm going to look at a bike on Friday, this guy on Craigslist won a bike in a raffle and wants to get rid of it... a TREK bike, supposed to be easy on the rear and a comfortable ride, I'll see how it fits...

ODDS N' ENDS: Arthur came by... offered me three Kings tix for this next Monday vs the Spurs, I'll be on those... looks like me, Michael, and Wendy... I saw an article in the paper, another reason why I might live to 100, in addition to the extra 20 lbs I'm carrying, learned that was beneficial from last week's article... this week's article is titled:

Having Lots of Kids Helps Dads Live to 100

the authors said.... "we were surprised that having more than three children is beneficial to longevity..." they couldn't pinpoint why, just there was a very strong correlation. They said it was counterintuitive findings, conventional wisdom says the more kids you have, the sooner you go nuts.... it's conventional wisdom for a reason... now new evidence says otherwise.. go figure.

FAQs: None for the week... I should have some decent pics for next time. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving...when you put it all together...the blessings are overwhelming...

'Til next week..... Brian

(A thanks to Matt and Victoria Arnold for the Sara church pics...)

No comments: