Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Week 15 -- A Little Movement....



Start Weight: 226.0
Week 15 Weight: 209.7
Weekly Loss/Gain (+): 0.8
Program-to-Date (PTD) Loss: 16.3
% Weekly Loss/(Gain): .35
% PTD Loss: 7.21
Program Goal Weight Loss: 36.0
Program Goal % Loss: 15.9

The hour is later than ever and I tried to get a ghost blog writer this week which in the end didn't work out... so just me with not a whole lot on the brain. Good news is I'm under 210 even though it is just by a few tenths... still at the gym, I've started to mix in some weights, but I haven't toned down the eating a whole lot. My awareness level kicked up a bit when I decided to put on a smaller size pants and tighten the belt a notch, literally. I am in between pant sizes so, I've got the smaller ones on, and let's say I'm more aware of the fit... I think that helped in not going full on at meal time. Thanksgiving is just around the corner, I'll get through it, have a lot of fun and not get too crazy... I say bring it on. No good stories this week, we had a great day at the temple on Monday the holiday, my dad to the rescue on the clothes dryer, and the youth had a great activity at the church tonight.

ROUTINE: Just a little smaller portions this week... and I planned it out a little better. Sweets are still killing me though, but I don't want to get to the point where I say certain foods are definitely off-limits... that seems a little drastic, but the 100-calorie packs aren't working out too well either... so I'm caught in the middle. And I admit... I broke the AM/PM vow... I went in honestly for a refill of my diet Sobe cranberry/grapefruit drink..., my friend the manager comes over and we do a little small talk.... then he goes for it, says he's got a brand new food item that AM/PM has never seen before, he'd personally make me a free sample, he's just looking out for me, etc... I did, in the name of friendship, I took the sample... an Italian baguette stuffed with pepperoni, ham, mozarella cheese, and tomato sauce. It was good, but not great, I bought one from him... good news is I won't buy another one because they weren't that good. And, as the weather gets colder, the 44 oz iced diet Sobe doesn't sound great either...so I really don't have any business there. The exercise routine stayed the same... I am used to that. So, I've decided tight pants are the overall key to sustained weight loss.... who woulda thought?

ON THE BIKE: From now on, I'll just post when there is bike news. If someone out there can assist in getting me through the bike malaise, just speak up.

ODDS N' ENDS: Quite a bit here.... I'll be brief... we had the best letter from Steven, no mention of health issues... just about the contacts he's making and the progress of the investigators, does parents' hearts good. The clothes dryer stopped drying, would run but no heat... you'd figure the son of the best appliance repairman ever could handle that... taking apart is no problem, figured the heating element was bad... got that sucker out (even though when all said and done, didn't have to go to that much trouble), thought I'd call Dad to just confirm, he says he'll come over... he brings his electrical test kit... says the element is fine, thermostat is the problem... Gail goes down the next day buys a new one, we put it all back together and presto, it works. Gail was the engineer on the whole belt/pulley action, Dad got down and dirty with the take down as well... Dad, at 81 is still the man, Gail's always been the fixer-upper... I tear stuff down....We figure Dad's know-how saved us $229, but he got that back in a great home-cooked me from Gail...everyone called it even... what a deal. Kids had a great time at the church tonight... the YW leaders (pictured below... hard to believe two of the three are JaBen wives) came up with the idea of a "service" scavenger hunt....


....they sent the youth off to four different places in search of things, trying to beat other groups back to the church... what the kids didn't know was there were four "plants" (pictured).....


who needed help at these places, one lost a wallet, one had car trouble, one was on crutches, etc... the test was to see if the kids would stop to help... they came through pretty well... the point was that while we're rushing around in life, there will be people in our paths who need help.... we can't just rush on by.... a great activity. That's about all... football season now over.... I'll see if I can stay close to the wrestling and b-ball worlds...


FAQs:
Q.
I see the People Magazine sexiest men alive issue is out. You and none of your FOBS made that list. Does that surprise you?

A. No, not really.... then again, I, and I think all of the FOBS, never set out to make the list... I hear it's highly political anyway. We're all pretty much comfortable (maybe too comfortable) in our own skin. As always... (to this anonymous FAQster)... thanks for noticing.

'Til next week..... Brian

2 comments:

Kaci said...

Since you didn't want to trade being YW President for writing your blog, I will post some FAQs that have been directed to me lately:

Q: Is it true that even though you provided pictures for the latest post, are a frequent reader and your email address is readily available, the FOBS email link is never sent to you?
A: Sadly, yes. I have to break into my husband's email just to get the link. For some reason I am overlooked every week. Maybe I am not a FOBS?

Q: Do you think BKS will ever be allowed to forget that he called you and Jennifer "henchwomen"?
A: I think that if he keeps moving forward with the positive, and continues to see us as separate beings from our husbands, all will be well. It does seem as though he still has a hard time with the separation.

Q: Is it true that your husband (half of JaBen) purchased some bicycle tights, and if so does this worry you?
A: I did get the email yesterday that they were ordered and on the way. I have yet to see these tights so my opinion is not yet completely formed. I think that he does not want to miss out on the day that BKS comes back to ride, and wants to prepare himself if this happens to be a chilly day.

Randy S. said...

If we could only combine your exercise habits with my eating habits then we could make the list