Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Week 14 -- More of the Same....



Start Weight: 226.0
Week 13 Weight: 210.5
Weekly Loss/Gain (+): (0.1)
Program-to-Date (PTD) Loss: 15.5
% Weekly Loss/(Gain): (0.04)
% PTD Loss: 6.86
Program Goal Weight Loss: 36.0
Program Goal % Loss: 15.9

I must've set some sort of record, this is five weeks in a row with only fluctuating .1 or .2 lbs around the 210.5 lb mark. Not much to say tonight, it's getting late and the head is muddied. I did have some encouraging e-mails this week, one from my brother Tim, and one from Steve, my biker buddy, who is in Africa helping to build water filtration systems for the people of Uganda. I'll post a few of his comments below. He volunteered through his church to go..... if you happen to read this Bishop, how 'bout sending me to, say somewhere like.... Tahiti, where there is a need for conversational English teachers? It'd be a hardship, but I'd take one for the world's team. Also, a thanks to Tom Cadle who was in line with me at the Halloween chili and cornbread dinner...he had some encouraging words as well.... just be consistent, tortoise and the hare kind of thing. So, I'll just count my blessings and stick with it... we had Sara's birthday this week to liven things up a bit. Plus, an article in the paper boosted me too... excerpts... "Being 25 pounds overweight doesn't appear to increase your risk of dying from heart disease or cancer... the findings may comfort some who can't seem to lose those last 15 pounds. And they hearten backers of a theory that it is possible to be "fit and fat"... but overweight people have a higher risk of death from a variety of ills, including diabetes and kidney disease".... now I will sleep better tonight.... I don't see myself as fit or fat... wonder how that fits in.


ROUTINE: Not much new.... the gym most every morning and I did stay away from all the AM/PM activities for the week... I don't even know what the November monthly special is... I heard rumors they were throwing in a free two-pack of pop tarts with a purchase of coffee or hot chocolate... may be tempting on those cold mornings... but I have that advice ringing in my ears... "Brian.. you have no business ever of going into an AM/PM".... Looking back on it, I had too much of the birthday cake and ice cream... and other late night snacks. Appears I'm maintaining, albeit at a level 20 lbs higher than desired. A thanks to my buddy Harold at work who checks in on me daily at the gym... then comes by if he doesn't see me there... that does help.


ON THE BIKE: No thought on it this week... even though gas is $3.25 at the local Circle K. We have had some great weather here in Sacramento, mid-70s for most of the week. The bike momentum has slowed to a trickle... need a change of attitude there.... still keep those Craigslist ads coming, I've bought off there before and if I see something that looks good, who knows? If I go long enough, maybe Gail will take pity for Christmas... then again...


ODDS N' ENDS: Great news is Steven is feeling much better and has returned to almost a regular routine in Mexico. A thanks to those who have thought about him and prayed for him... We're (Gail) sending off a package tomorrow, the crown jewel being a 32 oz box of Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch... do they have real milk in the villages of the Yucatan?... Russell will be home for Thanksgiving, then Christmas too when Randy, Scott and his family will be here as well. Time to start thinking festive... last football game of the season this week vs Casa... hard to tell what the playoff picture is... BV is 7-2, Casa 9-0 and Del Campo 8-1. Steve, in Africa... "I am at the internet cafe in Gulu, which is like the wild wild west of Uganda. As I walked down the streets of this village this morning, there were kids carrying guns on their shoulders riding bikes down the street... I hope I do not look like anything they want to shoot. Other than that and the presence of some army troops, all is well... been working hard sifting rocks in a rock quarry for the water filters... lot of mosquitos... time to go."

Stacie's our awesome cake decorator and delighted us with these for the celebration.


That's it for this week.... no FAQS that are fit to print.

'Til next week... all the best... Brian

No comments: