Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Week 10 -- Hit the Wall.... Hard


Start Weight: 226.0
Week10 Weight: 211.5
Weekly Loss/Gain (+): (1.0)
Program-to-Date (PTD) Loss: 14.5
% Weekly Loss/(Gain): (.44)
% PTD Loss: 6.42
Program Goal Weight Loss: 36.0
Program Goal % Loss: 15.9

You can tell Wendy was overjoyed to have her picture taken with me.... that's what dads do. Well, it has happened, and I don't know what to say about it, but let me try. I went to too many places where there was a lot of food, most of it was free, and I ate a lot of it. There. The end.

I'm nearing the middle of the program and I see Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's right in front of me. I had a great push at the beginning and have had a lull here in the middle, but I am confident of having it come off. No foul moods during the week to blame, mostly happy occasions (marred by an incident though described below... honestly I don't go looking for shocking things during the week, they just happen) to reflect on, and a sense of renewal for the weeks ahead. I was distracted a bit by the whole wedding ring thing on EBay with about 3500 hits now as I type, and a lot of difficult questions to answer. But, that didn't drive me to all the stuff I put down this week... I have no response other than I'll go at it again tomorrow. I didn't weigh at all during the week, which was a mistake, I might have headed off the weekend splurge. But, I did associate with good people over the weekend, and also at the AM/PM, Sara's birthday is coming up, and the JaBen psychosis rages unabated.

Routine: The week didn't start out too bad, but went downhill fast. Gail and I went out for Chinese food on Friday night... and I did have one too many egg rolls. Then on Saturday we watched General Conference and Michael, my dad, and myself went off to the Priesthood session...


I still look somewhat thick there in the middle... 21 lbs to 190 and that will be gone. So, after Priesthood meeting comes the bar-b-que. I know I saw many of you there, and yes, I was unrestrained. It was all good. Then for the Sunday sessions, we were invited over to the McKees to watch the proceedings on TV and have food before, during, and after the talks. Just a few shots:

Sara had fun with Riley the dog....


After all that food and fun, we had some friends over last night for pizza and calzones. The good news is that the gym now is, I believe, firmly a habit. Mostly feels like I want to do it, once I'm up and out of bed that is.... so..... a lot of fluff here.... it was what it was, I took the week off.

ON THE BIKE: I don't have one yet.... some new developments though. My riding JaBen buddies recruited a third for their rides... I hear what fun they're having. Sources tell me they went for a midnight ride on the bike trail, sometimes with lights, sometimes without. My rational self says that is plain crazy... my primal, call of the wild self says that would be a lot of fun. Truth be told, I wish I was with them. But then, as soon as these warm, fuzzy feelings come, they are suppressed rather quickly with reality. Even though the words on their website suggest a coming together, the pictures below show a dangerous, Fatal Attraction-type deviancy. They (It) came after my home, I suppose in hopes of intimidating me, plastering its images all over....



The pictures say it all..... truly pitiable. The attraction is unhealthy, not normal... now I did get a picture of It after It had finished Its nefarious deed...It was mumbling to Itself, congratulating Itself on what It had done. The picture below not only confirms my fatal attraction suspicion, but also the small-poultry exchange-cockfighting angle as well. I don't know what all to think anymore. If you have a weak heart, go straight to the Odds n' Ends section...



I didn't mean to ruin anyone's evening..... but there it is....

ODDS N' ENDS: I have nothing more.... I cannot think straight. I need a couple of days off to recuperate..... so, because there is no planned eating bonanzas for this week, I guarantee a loss to 209 for next week. I've made that prediction only once before and I hit it, no "shooting for", "need to get to", or "hoping for".... time to be back on track.

FAQs:
Q. Are you still on the AM/PM diet? If so, why?????

A. Yes, I do still go in, maybe 2X/3X a week.... tuna delight, or their monthly special. As opposed to some of my detractors, I get a smile and an emotional boost from my visits... here are some of my friends at the local AM/PM... real good folk....


'Til next week.... send your karma our way.

Brian

4 comments:

Randy S. said...

That's a great picture of the 3 of you. I'm putting it on my iPod.

Brian Sprague said...

Hey Randy... thanks, I gotta get going on this again hard... that BMI's gotta get under 26... be good to see you at Thanksgiving, hope you're coming out.

Kaci said...

So here's what I don't get--and maybe I'm just not catching on...You are selling Gail's ring, tell everyone not to tell her and then include her in the email with the link to the ebay site? My husband forwarded it to me so I could take a look. So I looked at your comment section (on ebay) and all these people are really believing she has no idea. I think one woman was "brought to tears." If her sisters know, then she has to know--maybe she's in on it? Either way, if it were me, I'd much rather have a nice new ring. I'm not a sentimental person though. I throw away most of my kid's artwork that comes home in the backpack.
As for the JaBen postings, I'm sorry they replaced you with Nolan. He's kind of like the newer, younger model. It happens to everyone...

Anonymous said...

Good post.