Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Week 19 -- Wrong Direction


Start Weight: 226.0
Week 19 Weight: 211.3
Weekly Loss/Gain (+): (1.6)
Program-to-Date (PTD) Loss: 14.7
% Weekly Loss/(Gain): (.71)
% PTD Loss: 6.50
Program Goal Weight Loss: 36.0
Program Goal % Loss: 15.9

Not a good week on the weight loss front, first time since I started that I put on weight two weeks in a row. And this week was just not good at all... a gain of 1.6 lbs. Discouraging, but not despairing... there has been food everywhere and even though I think I only have a little bit, a little bit of a lot things adds up to a lot. Nice to see I learned something in my logic classes in college. We were over at the McKees to welcome Heather home, and the food was great....had a nice church Christmas dinner and the food was great.. everyday at work, a team of people bring in favorite Christmas recipes, and it was all great. Common theme is the food was great. All that plus other office parties and get-togethers equaled a weight gain for the week. Looking ahead for this week, I see much less of that, and the scales this morning were a reminder of the challenge. But, it's getting closer to Christmas, and it's been a good season so far. Russell comes home next Wednesday night, our anniversary (26 yrs) is next Tuesday night, Wendy's school Christmas concert is next Tuesday, plus a few other get-togethers. I tried to get Stacie to write the blog tonight, but she "respectfully declined". So far, no one has taken me up, maybe because I've offered nothing in return. Only three more postings until the end....if there are any FOBS left, let's hang in there.

ROUTINE: I don't even want to re-cap what I ate, so let's not... suffice to say at least one In-N-Out run, a few pastries from Winco in the AMs, and free lunches at the California ISO. The homemade rolls (courtesy Linda Ruggles) at the church Christmas party were great... I had to do a little quality control in the kitchen beforehand. To top it all off, my exercise routine suffered this week.. some early work meetings, etc. As Wendy told me tonight, and backed up by Gail, I was only giving excuses for the results this week. I told them both the "reasons", Wendy told me excuses and reasons...really the same thing....from the mouth of teenagers.

ON THE BIKE: Performance Bicycles in Folsom looks like they've closed down, I was over there yesterday, and the place is empty. That's too bad, I liked those guys in there, maybe they've just moved. Gail's been after me...that's good.

ODDS N' ENDS: A thanks to Arthur for the invite to the NCAA volleyball finals at ARCO tomorrow, couldn't make it, but I want to hear about of from him. I saw Buster Sano at the church the other day, his one-year anniversary as a member is this month...told me he's going to the temple with Mary in January and invited us to that... Wendy is still playing for us... here's part two...





I'll try and post one more each week until Christmas even though she's not too keen on the idea. Gail and I do wish all of you are having a nice Christmas season. The spirit of Christmas usually doesn't hit me until the day before or so, but this year I'm feeling it a bit sooner. It's nice... Sara wasn't happy with Santa at all, wouldn't even look at him, but she sat with me next to him. I think that makes 6 for 6 in the Santaphobia category for our kids...

Here's some late breaking pics from the YW activity tonight, thanks to Kaci O... um, what's the hammer for exactly?


...and here's what my weight-loss support group is up to on the way home right after our regular goal meetings... nice... very nice...



FAQs:
Q. So, did you bring in anything to the office party(ies)?

A. Yep... Gloria and I made a crockpot full of triple-delight hot chocolate..very nice..Gail made some ham and jalapeno wraps and some toffee.. all good....

'Til next week..

No comments: